Goals and Objectives
Starting in 2002, it has been already 14 years since Nepal Wireless is working in to bring broadband Internet in the rural areas. Our focus is to bring broadband Internet in the rural areas where no commercial Internet Service Providers would like to go. The ultimate goal is to maximize the benefit of the technology to the rural population.
Our focuses are in the following areas.
1. E-Education – Increase the quality and educational opportunities in rural communities by creating tele – teaching programs and by making e- learning materials accessible to students, teachers and villagers through online and offline e-libraries.
2. E-Health – Connect the rural health clinics and health workers to the doc- tors in city hospitals in order to pro- vide medical assistance through tele– medicine programs and health training through audio video conferencing.
3. Digital literacy - Run digital literacy programs in the rural areas of Nepal in order to make them digitally literate because rural people will be left behind if they do not know how to use Internet and computers in coming days.
4. Communication – Make the Internet available for the use of email, for community discussion through bulletin boards and increase communication facilities by providing Internet phone system for the villagers.
5. Local e-commerce – Help villagers to provide information of their products in the local market through a system called Haatbazar and bring remittance services
6. Job creation – Generate jobs in the rural areas for the younger generation through ICT related services
7. Research and Development and Climate Change Monitoring - Do research and development works to find ways to optimize the benefit of the information technologies to rural people. Also help researchers of climate change monitoring projects to collect real time data through the Internet
8. Introduce new and emerging technologies for rural broadband such as TV White Space technology in the rural areas
9. Create smart villages in the rural areas of Nepal by bringing as many information and communication services as possible for education, health, e-commerce, communication, agricuture etc.
The future plans are made according to these goals and objectives.